Major in Business Economics
This major is for students seeking a business orientation in their study of economics. School requirements must be met and must include 20 courses as specified below.
- Economics 20A-B. Basic Micro and Macroeconomics.
- Economics 15A-B. Probability and Statistics.
- Economics 25. Economics of Accounting Decisions.†
- Mathematics 2A-B and 4. Calculus and Mathematics for Economists.
- Economics 100A-B-C. Intermediate Micro and Macroeconomics.
- Economics 122A-B. Applied Econometrics I and II.
- Seven additional Economics courses, including at least four four-unit upper-division courses.
- Two of the electives must be selected from the following Business Electives list: Economics 125, 131A, 132A, 134A, 135, 142A-B, 145L, 149 (when the topic is Price Discrimination), and 161A-B-C. Additional courses may be added to this list; up-to-date information will be available at this site
- Two other electives must be selected from the following Management Electives list: Economics 115, 151A-B, 140, 147A-B , 149 (when the topic is Business Decisions, and 169 (when the topic is Econ of International Business). Additional courses may be added to this list; up-to-date information will be available at this site.
† Management 30A covers essentially the same material as Economics 25.You can take either course but you will receive credit for only one of them.